Today I went to a meeting with other people involved with the vocational training project that I'm on the board for. This whole area of projects is new to me, so is being a board member, and I'm fairly new to Cambodia. So I learn a lot, and I don't really feel like I can be very useful yet in this area. There are some major changes coming up so this month and the next few months we will be busy working things out.
Its fits in with how I want to be spending my time this year. One of my main things is language learning, but I also want to learn about Cambodia generally. There are so many different development projects and things going on, the people involved speak their own language, I'm starting to learn about "target groups" and also sorts of other jargon.
The first half of this year I tried to read more about the recent history of Cambodia, as well as asking my mother in law about her life. She lived through so many interesting times, well, they are interesting for me to read about and try to understand, but I'm glad I wasn't there! Here is a list of books I read (and started reading).
No comments:
Post a Comment