The water has gone down heaps, cars came into the school campus today. The first one came yesterday, I heard it took five men to open the gate. Normally it only takes one, but its been closed for almost 2 weeks and I guess its gone rusty. It was noted that the stray cats and dogs which normally prowl around the bins and drains have gone, eaten by hungry students. This week was weird. There were no classes so it was kind of like holidays as there was no school meals.
We had students over a few times. On Tuesday they made "tuk groeung". They boiled a fish and made it into a dipping sauce using some herbs and spices such garlic, chili, basil etc. This is eaten with some fresh veggies and rice.
Last night someone brought over a duck (still alive) and they made "char groeung". I've had this dish with beef, snail and dog before. Click here to see how to make it. It smells so nice but too spicy for me to eat much.
No comments:
Post a Comment