Friday, November 28, 2008

A new word...and again

With my language helper I'm reading some simple Bible stories. Yesterday I came across a new word used to talk about fish getting caught/stuck in a net. It sounds something like djoo-op. My helper told me some other uses of it as well, such as when you are stuck outside a house if the door is locked. This morning when I came back from the market the school gate was closed and I couldn't open it. I called out to the guard. He commented on my situation using the word I just learnt yesterday! It was exciting to hear the word in real life after just learning it in class. If I had heard the same sentence before I learnt it in class I won't have taken much notice of the word, but now I can understand it. And that should help me remember it too, hearing it just after I learnt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment