She talked to me in English, asked me my name, where I came from etc. I answered and asked her back in Khmer! We exchanged email addresses.
Before I left the market she had bought me a present. It was something in a gift box, which was in a gift bag. I wasn't sure whether to accept it, wondering if it meant I would become her English teacher slave forever. But when I tried to refuse she said she would be very sad if I didn't take it, so I took it.
I didn't need to buy fruit or veggies today, I felt a bit bad because the sellers I go to normally got excited when they saw me coming. I was mainly there to buy a huge quantity of instant noodles. We are having TEN youth group members stay over night this week and they might want to eat "mi" for breakfast.
As I was walking along the dusty road home I saw something strange. A man walking slowly. He was wearing a huge American flag. I asked someone about him and they said he is crazy.
So what was the gift that girl gave you?
ReplyDeleteinside the box inside the bag was a 20 cm high house on stilts, a toy/pretty thing to look at on the shelf
ReplyDelete