On Monday I found out that someone we know was in a car crash and was badly injured. The missionary who was with him was killed.
As I was thinking about that and feeling shocked and scared, I was riding my bike along our street. A man just near me pulled out a gun and pointed it at another man. I was glad they both had their backs to me as the gun man forced the other to the side of the road. I pedalled home as fast as I could! Wasn't sure if it was a robbery or something else?
The next day I asked some shopkeepers and motorbike taxi drivers what happened. They told me it was the police trying to arrest someone, but it turned out to be the wrong person.
UPDATE to clarify: So the guy with the gun must have been a plain clothes police, and the guy he was pointing it at was someone he thought was a robber. But turned out not to be.
Hiya K,
ReplyDeleteWell you know that our time on earth is limited, and we can't stay indoors in front of the TV with the blinds shut pretending we're safe that way either.
Just have to keep on with life, living it the best we can every day!
Love, Jaime.