While in Aust we visited the two churches that i used to be part of when I lived there. I was only in each town for 2 weeks (and KS only 1 week). We visited all the services (one of the churches has 4 in one weekend!) as well as Bible study groups throughout the week.
One of the churches also organised a lunch at church, they cooked soup and sausages.
We also were invited to a Christmas in July dinner party, and one lady put on an afternoon tea so I could do our watering can presentation.
I also spoke to a year 9 class and went to an ESl class at church, as well as joined a group of ladies for their Friday lunch out. I went to a mid week seniors service and then stayed for the roast lunch afterwards.
We also joined the monthly missionary prayer fellowship group one evening, and went to youth group on friday. Mostly we were doing our watering can presentation (a Cambodia trivia game, plus power point), and sometimes KS was talking about how he became a Christian.
I also had interview for my job next year, then the paperwork to do. We went to visit our old Bible school to do a presentation one day and also meet with a leader to talk about next year. We also met with some leaders of a mission organisation we are thinking of joining.
We were so busy each day! We didn't have much time to go around and catch up with friends, so we set aside one day for ppl to visit us. Our friend we were staying with let us use her house- people came and went all day. It was exciting to see old friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment