Monday, January 3, 2011

On the weekend I tried to take a break from the stuff I've been doing lately- mostly do to with getting rid of our stuff (cleaning, chucking, sorting, selling, giving etc) and stuff on the computer for next year (database, brochure etc). I was really getting sick of it. By last night I was feeling ready to go again, and had a list of what i should do today, and what I need to do for the next 3 days, and over the next week or so.

But then around 4am I got a text inviting me to lunch! It was from a friend I used to work with, and haven't seen for a few months, and she was inviting 2 others I knew and wanted to see as well. But I said  no, can't come on such short notice, have to get a thing written by tomorrow and some stuff cleared out by this afternoon. But then after about half hour I rang back and said I 'd changed my mind, as I'm only going to get busier as it gets closer to the big deadline!!!

So I was a bit stressed cos I had been looking forward to working again after the break. And lunch with these guys on Saturday means getting there before 11, and then after lunch they usually hang out at the persons house and have a nap and watch TV. So its not just a meal, it takes at least 6 hours. And I always feel so tired when I spend so much time with people. But I thought I would regret it if i didn't go.

So i went, and it was pretty crazy at first- two 4 years old running around. And then we had to wait for some late friends, so we were all really hungry by the time we ate. But it was so yummy- she made a Western type of salad, deep fried chicken and pizza packets. Kind of like cornish pasties or whatever they are called, but fried. I've been  hearing about them for ages, she learnt from an expat and I've been getting the yeast for them, as I knew where to buy it. Its not something they would normally buy.

Anyway, we left early, at 2pm. Another friend was driving me home on her moto and she wanted me to help her with something, so she suggested we leave early to do it. I was glad, I ended up getting home at 3pm, and not too tired.

her 4 year old sleeps on the moto, I was sitting behind him today . Its amazing someone can be so floppy and relaxed in this traffic

No comments:

Post a Comment