Saturday, January 1, 2011

The other day I went to the bank around 1pm to cash the last of my travellers checks I bought back in 2001. They said they couldn't do them, as I bought them in my old name, but now I have a passport in my new name. I had taken both my passports so they could see both my old and new name, but they wouldn't accept it. I thought it was strange as I've done it before a few times in a few different places. So i went into the main branch of ANZ royal but they couldn't do it either. It was almost 4pm when I found this out. I went to Mekong bank and in a few minutes I had my money. I was kind of frustrated that in Australia and at Mekong bank they could do it , but not at anz. But i guess in Aust they know women change their name when they get married, and mekong bank probably doesn't have as high security as anz royal.
3.5 hours of frustration!

No comments:

Post a Comment